3-4 chicken breasts, cooked & diced
4 cups chicken stock
2 cups half-and-half
1 stalk celery, diced
1 garlic clove, chopped
1/2 carrot, shredded
1/2 onion, diced
1 cup fresh spinach, chopped
1 T. Olive oil
1 tsp. Thyme
Salt & Pepper
16 ounces potato gnocci
1 T. cornstarch (optional)
1. Saute the onion, celery, garlic, and carrot in oil over medium heat until onion is translucent.
2. Add chicken, chicken stock, half-and-half, salt, pepper, thyme. Heat to boiling,
3. Add gnocci. Gently boil for 4 minutes, then turn down to a simmer for 10 minutes.
4. Add spinach and cook for another 1-2 minutes until spinach is wilted.
5. Heat to boiling and add the cornstarch dissolved in 1-2 T. water (if you want a thicker soup, otherwise omit.)
6. Ladle into bowls and serve.
Each serving equals: Calories 236; Fat 15 g; Carbs 8.5 g; Fiber .4 g; Protein 16.4 g
Back to Recipe List